Skip to main content

Winds of Change| By Genea Webb

Cool winds lift the ends of my hair

Slipping across my face

Tickling my nose

Massaging my senses 

My lungs expand, heart lunges forward

Finger tips freeze, nerve ending sizzle

Ice cubes float across the land scape of my being

God's breath tickles my mind

Clearing the  cobwebs 

I feel resigned

Deep breath registers from the bowels of my soul 

Bringing calm, bringing peace

I'm finally home 


Copyright, Genea Webb, November 18, 2022. 
Unauthorized use or copying is strictly prohibited without the authors written permission.

Popular posts from this blog

Is The Third Time A Charm | By Joyce Carles

Drinking orange flavored Fanta, I really didn't want to be here. The last two vacations with my family had been to the same country. It was my fault. My sister-in law, Kathy, had called me about going on a cruise. I was excited as there were a few places I'd never seen before. When we spoke again she said her sons and their wives wanted to do a family vacation and one had suggested another cruise that stopped in Panama. I had finished a book on building the Panama Canal, so I was in. The next few phone calls included different itinerary, after the last call I said, "Work it out, you don't have to call. Make the arrangements and tell me where I'm going." I'm not sailing in the Caribbean, not sailing at all, I'm in Mexico for the third year in a row with my family; just a different resort. I'd already tried doing the tour of Chichen Itza and Tulum on two other years so my nephew surprised me by suggesting 'The Jungle Tour'. I immediately said

A Little Thing Can Mean So Much | By E. J. Beck

Bert didn't celebrate Christmas anymore. It wasn't that he disliked Christmas; it was just that he didn't have anyone to celebrate it with, so why bother? He went to dinner with relatives and participated in the family gatherings, but he didn't decorate the house, didn't put out any decorations, didn't put up a tree; Christmas was just another day. It hadn't always been like this. He used to have his family around him, and they always had a very nice Christmas. Bert, his wife, and their children had always decorated the house, put out seasonal lawn ornaments, and a large Christmas tree, brightly decorated with many ornaments, some store bought, but also many home-made by family members over the years. There were some of these that had survived for several generations; each being carefully wrapped and put away after the season. Away but not forgotten, and they would be unwrapped and put on the tree the next year. Each brought back a particular memory about th

My Friendly Strangers| Phil Yoho

This is my story about the many strangers that I meet on almost a daily basis. These people may be alone or consist of a mixed group of male and female adults. Too, there are sometimes children involved, but not very often. Our meetings are always outside as they occur the South Park Dog Park, near my home. Of course, weather is the reason that I am unable to make the visit there each day. It’s a given that I have a partner to meet and greet people with. My pooch, Copper, is now about five years old and loves people, especially women. Our trip to the park takes only ten minutes and Copper is usually whining and jumping to exit the car. The fun starts once we are parked near the gazebo, where people usually congregate. Typically, there are many cars parked side-by-side with many strangers preparing to walk with their pets. Not every stranger is exiting with a pet, as some people are ready for a walk alone or with a companion. Copper though, will often spot a strange pooch and head f